Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's up with thanksgiving?

I want you out of my mind. I was at walmart with my son and I saw a christmas gift set of the favorite axe you wear. I went from having a smile, enjoying looking at the christmas merchandise, to complete despair. I continued to look around for a gift for my grandma's birthday. A tall black guy walked in my aisle looking, around sort of talking out loud to himself. He started to ask me for advice about a gift for his 15 month old daughter. I thought it was ironic because my son is 15 months old too. I told him that and what my son likes to do. I suggested he go to the toy department because it's organized by age. He started to say how he doesn't really walmart shop. I'm not good with social situations, but I've noticed that I am more eager to talk since I've been taking Adderall. We ended up talking for a while. Thats never happened to me before. Just meeting someone randomly and talking for a great length of time, saying stuff about each other to a complete stranger. Not that its bad, it's just never ever ever happened to me before. I ran into a friend I had in high school. He said hi and I found out that he works there now. I never thought a trip to walmart could be so social. Thats one of the things I don't really get to do...at all. I just wanted yams.

I hope tomorrow doesn't suck. Thanksgiving is at my sister's apartment this year which will be interesting. We always had it at my mom's house. My paternal grandparents are even coming down with my mom being there too. That's never happened. Thanksgiving used to something I looked forward to, but that was before my parents divorced. My dad got remarried and that pretty much destroyed all the traditions we had for thanksgiving and christmas. Every year things got more and more different. New people at the table meant conversations were awkward. Things we always joked about was no longer fun. More people at the table meant no room for me. I didn't want to be at the same table as my step mom anyway. At least I still had my grandmas great cooking. Then when my grandparents moved Thanksgiving was no longer at their house. Strange people, location change, environment change, and now weird food.

I know my grandparents have been around my mom before, but I kind of don't want my mom to be there. I know it's mean to say. I just don't want to see my mom put on that fake personality that she does when there is company.

No comments:

Post a Comment