Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bipolar Education

So today I went to borders and looked at a bunch books on mental disorders. I got two.

Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies (which is so informational on all kinds of mental disorders)
The Bipolar Handbook: Real-Life Questions with Up-to-date Answers

BD is so complex and people don't see that. That's why so many people reject that it's even real. It's not like the fucking Katy Perry song. It's not that simple! When you educate yourself on your disease you can learn to control your emotions much better because you can recognize when you are having an episode or even recognize one could happen and try to prevent it by staying calm. Even though I just want to scream the best thing that works for me is I walk away, clinch my fist(to let that anger and adrenaline out), and count to ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment